Easy Liver Cake
Always a favourite with our dogs, liver cake is that special treat and really cheap and easy to make.
For a totally natural treat, a fraction of the price of shop bought ones, here are the instructions for a quick and easy liver cake. It's a high value treat and great for use in moderation.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 500g raw liver
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dash of milk
- Put the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk in a small amount of milk
- Add the liver and garlic and blend the ingredients together
- Whisk the flour in slowly, a small amount at a time
- Pour into a foil lined baking tray - but make sure you have greased it so that it is easy to get out!
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees C (gas mark 4) for approximately 60 minutes.
- Check that it is firm and leave to cool
- Cut into small cubes
- Liver cake will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge, but you can freeze small batches and use at a later stage.